Nike kick-starts global football campaign starring Ribery and Neymar
Nike is focusing on the new generation of football players in its 'My Time is Now' campaign, which stars Santos FC's Neymar and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.
Nike: Franck Ribéry stars in My Time is Now campaign
The television campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, is set during a France versus Holland football game that is interrupted by waves of young players who invade the pitch to show they have the skills and hunger to take on the best players in the world, including Wesley Sneijder and Danny Welbeck.
The rising stars in the advert each wear a black and white jersey, which Cristiano Ronaldo also trys to pull on, only to realise it's too small.
Pep Guardiola, the former Barcelona manager, Laurent Blanc, World Cup winner and LeBron James, the basketball star also make guest appearances in the ad, alongside footballers including Andres Iniesta, Mesut Ozil, Gerard Pique and Javier Hernandez.
Nike premiered the ad on television during the Champions League final on Saturday (19 May).
Also promoted in the campaign is the Nike Clash Collection of boots that are designed to stand out on the pitch through their vibrant colours. They will be available to buy from 6 June.
The 'My Time is Now' campaign will be supported by digital, out-of-home and print activity.
The campaign coincides with Nike's 'The Chance' global talent search for the best upcoming players.
The search is running in 55 countries through May to August. The best 100 players will take part in global finals at FC Barcelona's youth academy.
The best 16 players will then be sent on a training tour of some of the best academy teams in the world, including Manchester United, Juventus and the US Youth National team.
One player will win a place at the Nike Academy, which is now entering its second year in partnership with the Premier League.
The media for the campaign was bought by MindShare and the campaign is expected to run through the summer.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...