Media360: Spotify preaches the gospel of music
Media360 delegates who thought they were in for just another presentation from Spotify got a surprise when the London Community Gospel Choir led them through a 20-minute singalong.
The music-streaming company booked the choir to demonstrate the power of music, according to Chris Maples, UK managing director and European sales director, who delivered a short pitch afterwards.
Maples said: "Last year, we went from a clever little music app, to a genuine, ambitious, scaled digital business that brings music to millions and creates experiences like the one you just had."
He also alluded to the company's new global partnership with Coca-Cola, which was announced a month ago.
He said: "Every four-year period, Coke are associated with the World Cup, then they do music, then they do the Olympics, then they do music, then they do the World Cup, etcetera, etcetera.
"They asked us to power music for them in all those years that aren't the World Cup or the Olympics. And they said to us they want our relationship with Coke to be bigger than their relationship with Fifa. That's a pretty big deal."
Spotify is available in 13 countries – the US, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Spain. It has more than 10 million active users and more than three million paying subscribers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Ad Operations Executive/Trafficker Propel £2600 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...