Media360: Spotify preaches the gospel of music
Media360 delegates who thought they were in for just another presentation from Spotify got a surprise when the London Community Gospel Choir led them through a 20-minute singalong.
The music-streaming company booked the choir to demonstrate the power of music, according to Chris Maples, UK managing director and European sales director, who delivered a short pitch afterwards.
Maples said: "Last year, we went from a clever little music app, to a genuine, ambitious, scaled digital business that brings music to millions and creates experiences like the one you just had."
He also alluded to the company's new global partnership with Coca-Cola, which was announced a month ago.
He said: "Every four-year period, Coke are associated with the World Cup, then they do music, then they do the Olympics, then they do music, then they do the World Cup, etcetera, etcetera.
"They asked us to power music for them in all those years that aren't the World Cup or the Olympics. And they said to us they want our relationship with Coke to be bigger than their relationship with Fifa. That's a pretty big deal."
Spotify is available in 13 countries – the US, UK, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Spain. It has more than 10 million active users and more than three million paying subscribers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester