RAC hires John Orriss to head marketing
Breakdown service RAC has appointed former News International sales director John Orriss to head its marketing team.
RAC: hires John Orriss to head marketing function
Orriss has been appointed to replace former sales and marketing director David Tyers, who left the company in December without a job to go to.
During the interim period RAC hired former T-Mobile marketer Lysa Hardy to lead its marketing strategy.
It is unclear how Hardy's position will be affected by the appointment as RAC has refused to comment on the engagement.
Orriss' appointment comes amid a review by the RAC's owner, The Carlyle Group, of all its business suppliers.
RAC is currently holding an ad review being run by the US private equity company's procurement team.
Last year, Aviva sold the RAC to The Carlyle Group for £1bn as part of its strategy to focus on its insurance and savings business.
Orriss became sales director at News International last summer after leaving Sky, where he held the director of acquisitions role.
His role at Sky no longer exists in its current capacity and instead is handled by new director of sales Tom Devine.
Devine is responsible for both new customers and selling additional products and services into the existing customer base.
He joined the company this month having previously been managing director for Game's Northern Europe operation.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1