Most businesses lack effective single customer view, finds survey
A survey of 400 large companies has found that only 16% of them have an effective single customer view data system in place, according to Experian Marketing Services.
Nigel Wilson: managing director, data and analytics at Experian Marketing Services
The research was conducted in February by Dynamic Markets among companies with more than 250 employees.
It found that the vast majority of companies aspired to have a single customer view in place but were at varying stages of the journey.
A small proportion (8%) had one in place but said it was not yet effective, while 19% were in the process of implementing one.
Nearly half of the survey were either planning a SCV strategy or said they wanted to have one at some point in the future.
Nigel Wilson, managing director, data and analytics at Experian Marketing Services, said: "The benefits of a SCV are indisputable, both in terms of costs savings for the business and customer satisfaction, but our research shows that many marketers are still struggling to make effective use of the data that their business holds across multiple channels."
The research showed that even the group that had an effective single customer view had only integrated an average of 3.2 channels out of 6.65 through which they collect data.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London