Sun website traffic little moved by Sunday print launch
The Sun's website traffic increased 2.8% in April to 1.53 million average daily browsers, only slightly above its levels before the launch of its Sunday print edition, according to the latest ABC data.
The Sun: website traffic increases 2.8% in April
The tabloid site was typically attracting around 1.45 million average daily browsers in the months before the arrival of the extra edition of the paper on 26 February.
It hit a high of 1.56 million that month before dropping back to 1.49 million in March.
MailOnline’s daily average browsers jumped 4.4% from March to 5.65 million and Guardian.co.uk’s figure increased 4.2% to 3.88 million.
They pushed ahead of Telegraph.co.uk, which dropped 3% to 2.34 million.
Among the smaller players Mirror Group Digital piled back on the audience after a couple of bad months following the relaunch of the Daily Mirror site in February.
Independent.co.uk managed to stay just ahead after an 8% boost on March to 695,992.
Its Evening Standard stablemate, Standard.co.uk, is down to just 110,611 after an 8.2% month-on-month fall, its lowest figure since 2009.
|ABC multi-platform report|
|April 2012||Daily change (%)|
|Daily avg.||Monthly total||Mth/mth||Yr/yr|
|Mirror Group Digital||660,672||13,682,364||13.17||4.69|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London