Sun website traffic little moved by Sunday print launch
The Sun's website traffic increased 2.8% in April to 1.53 million average daily browsers, only slightly above its levels before the launch of its Sunday print edition, according to the latest ABC data.
The Sun: website traffic increases 2.8% in April
The tabloid site was typically attracting around 1.45 million average daily browsers in the months before the arrival of the extra edition of the paper on 26 February.
It hit a high of 1.56 million that month before dropping back to 1.49 million in March.
MailOnline’s daily average browsers jumped 4.4% from March to 5.65 million and Guardian.co.uk’s figure increased 4.2% to 3.88 million.
They pushed ahead of Telegraph.co.uk, which dropped 3% to 2.34 million.
Among the smaller players Mirror Group Digital piled back on the audience after a couple of bad months following the relaunch of the Daily Mirror site in February.
Independent.co.uk managed to stay just ahead after an 8% boost on March to 695,992.
Its Evening Standard stablemate, Standard.co.uk, is down to just 110,611 after an 8.2% month-on-month fall, its lowest figure since 2009.
|ABC multi-platform report|
|April 2012||Daily change (%)|
|Daily avg.||Monthly total||Mth/mth||Yr/yr|
|Mirror Group Digital||660,672||13,682,364||13.17||4.69|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London