Tesco pushes virtual clothes in small London stores
Tesco has partnered augmented reality platform Aurasma to bring virtual window shopping to its smaller central London stores, to push its F&F clothing range.
Tesco: rolls out F&F mobile campaign in London
The partnership will make the F&F collection available to buy in central London stores, which do not have the floor space to display the clothes, for the first time.
F&F clothing designs will appear in the windows of the Covent Garden, Dean Street and Tooley Street stores, allowing passers-by to purchase the clothes directly from their smartphones.
Passers-by who have the Aurasma app can point their mobile at one of the windows to view a virtual showcase of the F&F range on their device.
Viewers can then tap to purchase the item on display.
Emily Shamma, Tesco clothing online director, said: "Our smaller central London stores aren't big enough to have clothing ranges, so this is a great opportunity to help us to reach new customers.
The launch of the partnership comes at a difficult time for Autonomy, the company behind Aurasma.
Mike Lynch, Autonomy founder and chief executive, has resigned from the company amid confirmation that Hewlett-Packard, which bought Autonomy in October, would be cutting 27,000 jobs.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...