Pepsi Max unites football and music stars in Facebook app
PepsiCo has launched a Facebook app that gives users a "VIP party experience" with Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres, DJ Calvin Harris and a selection of their own friends.
Fernando Torres: stars in Pepsi Max campaign
In the sharable Facebook app users can meet and socialise with the footballers as well as five of their own Facebook friends.
The app pulls pictures from the user's profile into a narrative to create a unique experience for every user.
The interactive app feeds into Pepsi Max's football campaign, which shows a host of football stars including Lionel Messi, Frank Lampard, Sergio Aguero and Jack Wilshere showing off their skills at an outdoor festival, while Calvin Harris plays his 'Let's go' single to the crowd.
As with the ad, the app features Harris's track, with the added function of consumers being able to act as a Remix DJ and play around with the song.
Claudia Lagunas, director new media and digital, PepsiCo International, said: "Pepsi and its parent company PepsiCo have a legacy of implementing cutting-edge digital initiatives and with this new app, we really wanted to highlight the football and music elements of the 'Kick in the Mix' campaign in an innovative and unique way."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...