Pepsi Max unites football and music stars in Facebook app
PepsiCo has launched a Facebook app that gives users a "VIP party experience" with Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres, DJ Calvin Harris and a selection of their own friends.
Fernando Torres: stars in Pepsi Max campaign
In the sharable Facebook app users can meet and socialise with the footballers as well as five of their own Facebook friends.
The app pulls pictures from the user's profile into a narrative to create a unique experience for every user.
The interactive app feeds into Pepsi Max's football campaign, which shows a host of football stars including Lionel Messi, Frank Lampard, Sergio Aguero and Jack Wilshere showing off their skills at an outdoor festival, while Calvin Harris plays his 'Let's go' single to the crowd.
As with the ad, the app features Harris's track, with the added function of consumers being able to act as a Remix DJ and play around with the song.
Claudia Lagunas, director new media and digital, PepsiCo International, said: "Pepsi and its parent company PepsiCo have a legacy of implementing cutting-edge digital initiatives and with this new app, we really wanted to highlight the football and music elements of the 'Kick in the Mix' campaign in an innovative and unique way."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London