Aurasma head Martina King departs amid HP turmoil
Martina King, the managing director of augmented reality platform Aurasma, is believed to have resigned.
Aurasma: Back to the Future app created for Universal Pictures UK
King was the managing director of Yahoo Europe and chairman of the Radio Advertising Bureau before becoming managing director of Aurasma in June 2011.
According to a source, King has resigned. Aurasma owner Autonomy has lost approximately 20% of its staff following its acquisition by Hewlett-Packard in October.
The entire Autonomy management board have also allegedly resigned including: Nicole Eagan, chief marketing officer; Pete Menell, CTO; Andy Kanter,COO; Steve Chamberlain, CFO; and Sushovan Hussein, president.
Autonomy declined to comment.
This week it also emerged Autonomy founder and chief executive Mike Lynch was leaving the company after HP confirmed it would be cutting 27,000 jobs.
Augmented reality platform Aurasma is increasingly gaining traction in print and outdoor advertising and is also being adopted by brands for initiative including virtual window shopping.
Tesco is running virtual window shopping in three of its central London stores to sell F&F clothes, which have no physical presence in the stores due to lack of space.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Senior Account Executive, payment solutions Just Digital £35000 - £50000 per annum + £5,000 Bonus + Stock, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...