Nokia in Hollyoaks placement deal
Nokia has signed a product placement deal for its Lumia smartphones to appear in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.
Hollyoaks: characters will use Lumia smartphones under the product placement deal
As part of the deal, Hollyoaks characters will use the Lumia 800 and 710 phones and Monster's Purity HD headphones, while Nokia ads will appear at the village bus stop from July.
Lumia will also be promoted on all the platforms on which Hollyoaks is available through a content portal on Channel4.com, which will recreate the phone's home-screen with two Hollyoaks characters Tweeting their on-screen personality.
The deal, which is for an initial four-month period, was negotiated by Carat, Lime Pictures and Channel 4.
John Nichols, the head of marketing at Nokia UK, said: "This partnership is another example of how we are pushing the Lumia brand in new innovative ways, with a human approach across multiple platforms."
The first Hollyoaks product placement was by L'Oréal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...