Relentless recruits Professor Green as brand ambassador
Relentless, the Coca-Cola-owned energy drink, is changing the focus of its brand ambassador line-up from sports to music by bringing in urban music artist Professor Green.
Professor Green: backs Relentless
It marks the end of the brand’s 'Virtues' activity, which used four brand ambassadors - jiu-jitsu champion Roger Gracie, street dancer Zoe Green, BMXer Mark Webb and guitarist Steph Carter from the band Gallows.
Relentless is working on a number of special promotional projects to be run throughout 2012.
Professor Green’s appointment bolsters Coca-Cola's running commitment to music, which includes the brand's collaboration with DJ and producer Mark Ronson and singer Katy B for its global Olympics campaign and its new partnership with Spotify.
Professor Green has worked with brands Puma, Doritos, ZTE and Huawei. Coca-Cola described him as "perfectly blending credibility with commercial appeal".
A Coca-Cola spokesperson said: "It's the perfect ambassadorship. Both [Relentless and Professor Green] share a dedication to their art, both are defiant in the face of compromise, and both live life to the full in a truly no half-measures way."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Director Guru Careers £40 - 60k DOE, Based in South West London (SW18) - Commutable from Putney, Central London, The City, Greater London
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager Source £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Full service - B2B Financial Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Website and Ecommerce Manager Amathus Drinks £30k basic and potential O.T.E £45K , Park Royal, NW10