MasterCard extends Priceless campaign with festival sponsorship
MasterCard is to roll out the next phase of its 'Priceless London' campaign, with activity centring on its sponsorship of London's Southbank Centre.
Alan Bishop and Jude Kelly from the Southbank Centre, Jude Kelly of Southbank Centre, and MasterCard marketer Paul Trueman.
As part of its three-year deal with the Southbank, MasterCard will sponsor a summer-long series of art and music events under the banner of the 'Festival of the World'.
Attractions include a Festival of the World Museum designed by British designer Wayne Hemmingway; a giant wooden sculpture by arts collective Robots, which shows two figures climbing the walls of the venue, and the annual Udderbelly comedy festival sponsored by E4.
MasterCard is also sponsoring the 'Priceless London Wonderground', a festival of cabaret and circus events, featuring headline performances by Australian act Cantina in a 1920s Spiegeltent (mirror tent) venue.
The payment company last year relaunched its long-running 'Priceless' marketing strategy with a programme of special offers and events for cardholders in major capital cities. The initiative has so far rolled out to London, New York, Beijing, Sydney, and Toronto, with Moscow and Paris to follow later this year.
In London, MasterCard has tied up with attractions such as the Natural History Museum and the V&A to offer dedicated tours for cardholders. Consumers are invited to visit a Priceless London web portal featuring exclusive activities and restaurant booking facilities.
The portal will soon begin offering "home and away" activities for both London and locations where the brand's 'Priceless Cities' campaign is active.
Paul Trueman, MasterCard UK and Ireland head of marketing, revealed that the brand is preparing a marketing campaign to launch in July, which, rather than focusing on the events in the 'Priceless London' programme, will aim to "capture the 'Priceless' moment".
Trueman added: "Our aim is to enhance people's experiences of the capital, enable them to participate in the rich cultural life of London, and create memories that will last a lifetime."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London