MasterCard extends Priceless campaign with festival sponsorship
MasterCard is to roll out the next phase of its 'Priceless London' campaign, with activity centring on its sponsorship of London's Southbank Centre.
Alan Bishop and Jude Kelly from the Southbank Centre, Jude Kelly of Southbank Centre, and MasterCard marketer Paul Trueman.
As part of its three-year deal with the Southbank, MasterCard will sponsor a summer-long series of art and music events under the banner of the 'Festival of the World'.
Attractions include a Festival of the World Museum designed by British designer Wayne Hemmingway; a giant wooden sculpture by arts collective Robots, which shows two figures climbing the walls of the venue, and the annual Udderbelly comedy festival sponsored by E4.
MasterCard is also sponsoring the 'Priceless London Wonderground', a festival of cabaret and circus events, featuring headline performances by Australian act Cantina in a 1920s Spiegeltent (mirror tent) venue.
The payment company last year relaunched its long-running 'Priceless' marketing strategy with a programme of special offers and events for cardholders in major capital cities. The initiative has so far rolled out to London, New York, Beijing, Sydney, and Toronto, with Moscow and Paris to follow later this year.
In London, MasterCard has tied up with attractions such as the Natural History Museum and the V&A to offer dedicated tours for cardholders. Consumers are invited to visit a Priceless London web portal featuring exclusive activities and restaurant booking facilities.
The portal will soon begin offering "home and away" activities for both London and locations where the brand's 'Priceless Cities' campaign is active.
Paul Trueman, MasterCard UK and Ireland head of marketing, revealed that the brand is preparing a marketing campaign to launch in July, which, rather than focusing on the events in the 'Priceless London' programme, will aim to "capture the 'Priceless' moment".
Trueman added: "Our aim is to enhance people's experiences of the capital, enable them to participate in the rich cultural life of London, and create memories that will last a lifetime."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London