Corona Extra embarks on heavyweight outdoor and digital drive
Corona Extra, the Mexican beer, is rolling out a heavyweight outdoor and digital campaign for the summer, introducing the tagline 'The place to be'.
Corona Extra: launches summer ad drive
Photographed in Mexico, the campaign created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay focuses on its "bucket serve" in a bid to place sociability and sharing with friends at the heart of the brand.
Launching this week, the campaign will make Corona the biggest outdoor advertiser in the world beer category this year. It is part of a heavyweight advertising push, which will run alongside a digital campaign, combining online advertising, Facebook activity and the launch of new Corona mobile apps.
Darius Burrows, senior brand manager for Corona Extra, said: "The idea behind the new campaign was to recreate the strong connection between our brand and its consumers, so that when they open a bottle of Corona, they leave everything else behind and start enjoying life in the place they want to be.
"For Corona, a summer campaign is crucial to build on previous success and take advantage of the growing popularity of world beer," he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England