BBC hires former Diageo marketer Philip Almond
Former Diageo marketer Philip Almond has been appointed as marketing and audiences director at the BBC, replacing Helen Normoyle who left the corporation to join DFS.
At the BBC Almond will be the most senior marketer, responsible for all the BBC’s on-screen, on-air and external marketing. He will take up the role in July this year.
Almond left Diageo in a restructure last November. As global brand director for Diageo’s Irish liqueur Baileys since September 2009, he had responsibility for the brand’s strategy, marketing and business performance.
Almond was previously GB marketing director at Diageo for three years between 2006 and 2009 and senior vice president global marketing for Diageo’s Smirnoff vodka brand between 2003 and 2005.
Prior to first joining Diageo in 1994, Almond worked at the ad agency Ogilvy & Mather.
Almond said: "I’m delighted to be joining the BBC in the midst of an amazing summer of output. The BBC is the greatest broadcaster in the world with a unique connection to its audiences.
"I am looking forward to working with the talented team that recently won brand of the year and can’t wait to get started!"
A spokeswoman for the BBC could not confirm the date of Almond’s arrival.
Normoyle left the BBC to join DFS as its chief marketing officer.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...