BBC hires former Diageo marketer Philip Almond
Former Diageo marketer Philip Almond has been appointed as marketing and audiences director at the BBC, replacing Helen Normoyle who left the corporation to join DFS.
At the BBC Almond will be the most senior marketer, responsible for all the BBC’s on-screen, on-air and external marketing. He will take up the role in July this year.
Almond left Diageo in a restructure last November. As global brand director for Diageo’s Irish liqueur Baileys since September 2009, he had responsibility for the brand’s strategy, marketing and business performance.
Almond was previously GB marketing director at Diageo for three years between 2006 and 2009 and senior vice president global marketing for Diageo’s Smirnoff vodka brand between 2003 and 2005.
Prior to first joining Diageo in 1994, Almond worked at the ad agency Ogilvy & Mather.
Almond said: "I’m delighted to be joining the BBC in the midst of an amazing summer of output. The BBC is the greatest broadcaster in the world with a unique connection to its audiences.
"I am looking forward to working with the talented team that recently won brand of the year and can’t wait to get started!"
A spokeswoman for the BBC could not confirm the date of Almond’s arrival.
Normoyle left the BBC to join DFS as its chief marketing officer.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)