Poor ticket sales forces Innocent to abandon Olympic festival
Innocent has axed plans to host a festival to promote its sponsorship of London 2012 due to poor ticket sales.
Innocent Drinks: scrapping plans to revive summer festival
The Coca-Cola-owned smoothie brand had organised a Fruit Sports Day to take place in Regent’s Park on 22 July, ahead of the start of the Games. However, it has scrapped the event, citing an overcrowded summer schedule in the capital and ‘bad weather’ as reasons.
The event was expected to be similar to its Fruitstock and Village Fete events, which ran from 2003 to 2008.
Innocent had lined up a range of quirky activities, such as the ‘100m kiwi-and-spoon race’ and ‘peach volleyball’. Ticketholders will be refunded.
On its blog, Innocent said: ‘A busy summer along with a spell of bad weather have meant ticket sales haven’t been as good as we’d needed them to be to ensure a great day out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, West Midlands