Poor ticket sales forces Innocent to abandon Olympic festival
Innocent has axed plans to host a festival to promote its sponsorship of London 2012 due to poor ticket sales.
Innocent Drinks: scrapping plans to revive summer festival
The Coca-Cola-owned smoothie brand had organised a Fruit Sports Day to take place in Regent’s Park on 22 July, ahead of the start of the Games. However, it has scrapped the event, citing an overcrowded summer schedule in the capital and ‘bad weather’ as reasons.
The event was expected to be similar to its Fruitstock and Village Fete events, which ran from 2003 to 2008.
Innocent had lined up a range of quirky activities, such as the ‘100m kiwi-and-spoon race’ and ‘peach volleyball’. Ticketholders will be refunded.
On its blog, Innocent said: ‘A busy summer along with a spell of bad weather have meant ticket sales haven’t been as good as we’d needed them to be to ensure a great day out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London