Poor ticket sales forces Innocent to abandon Olympic festival
Innocent has axed plans to host a festival to promote its sponsorship of London 2012 due to poor ticket sales.
Innocent Drinks: scrapping plans to revive summer festival
The Coca-Cola-owned smoothie brand had organised a Fruit Sports Day to take place in Regent’s Park on 22 July, ahead of the start of the Games. However, it has scrapped the event, citing an overcrowded summer schedule in the capital and ‘bad weather’ as reasons.
The event was expected to be similar to its Fruitstock and Village Fete events, which ran from 2003 to 2008.
Innocent had lined up a range of quirky activities, such as the ‘100m kiwi-and-spoon race’ and ‘peach volleyball’. Ticketholders will be refunded.
On its blog, Innocent said: ‘A busy summer along with a spell of bad weather have meant ticket sales haven’t been as good as we’d needed them to be to ensure a great day out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)