Poor ticket sales forces Innocent to abandon Olympic festival
Innocent has axed plans to host a festival to promote its sponsorship of London 2012 due to poor ticket sales.
Innocent Drinks: scrapping plans to revive summer festival
The Coca-Cola-owned smoothie brand had organised a Fruit Sports Day to take place in Regent’s Park on 22 July, ahead of the start of the Games. However, it has scrapped the event, citing an overcrowded summer schedule in the capital and ‘bad weather’ as reasons.
The event was expected to be similar to its Fruitstock and Village Fete events, which ran from 2003 to 2008.
Innocent had lined up a range of quirky activities, such as the ‘100m kiwi-and-spoon race’ and ‘peach volleyball’. Ticketholders will be refunded.
On its blog, Innocent said: ‘A busy summer along with a spell of bad weather have meant ticket sales haven’t been as good as we’d needed them to be to ensure a great day out.’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...