Samsung ties with artists for 'creative' Note campaign
Samsung is aiming to align itself with independent arts and music through a series of films and a social-media campaign to showcase the 'creative potential' of its Note tablet.
Samsung: partnership with guerilla artist Olek
The first film in the ‘Breakfree’ series, which debuts this week, features ‘guerrilla’ textile artist Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning various landmarks with colourful knitted items.
This has already included putting pink knitwear on Anthony Gormley’s Iron Men sculpture in Merseyside, an act that grabbed headlines last month, before Samsung’s involvement became public.
The second film shows musician Mike Skinner of The Streets working with hip-hop group Man Like Me to help them achieve mainstream success, with a track to be released later this month. The third part of the series will feature an extreme-sports stunt.
The films, created by Jam, will be hosted on a dedicated YouTube page and seeded elsewhere. Samsung will also run a Twitter competition asking followers to tweet about moments when they have ‘broken free’ from everyday life.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Copywriter The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...