Johnson & Johnson launches £200m EMEA media contest
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has kick-started a contest for its estimated £200 million EMEA media planning and buying business.
Listerine: J&J brand
Carat, the incumbent on the account, is expected to line up against J&J’s other roster agencies: Interpublic’s Mediabrands, which handles its US account, and OMD, which oversees the business in Asia.
The Aegis Media-owned network landed the J&J EMEA media business in 2007 after a pitch against the previous incumbent, Interpublic’s Initiative.
J&J, which owns consumer brands including Listerine, Nicorette and Imodium, has not held a Europe-specific review since then. However, in 2010, it called an informal roster review of its estimated $3 billion global media business to benchmark the performance of its three media networks. The review did not result in any agency changes.
A statement from the company said: "Johnson & Johnson is exploring opportunities with our agency partners across EMEA to deliver innovative and full integrated solutions for our brands."
J&J spends £19 million on UK media, according to Nielsen figures. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
Sales of its consumer products fell 2.4 per cent to $3.6 billion in the first quarter of this year, according to its results.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...