Johnson & Johnson launches £200m EMEA media contest
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has kick-started a contest for its estimated £200 million EMEA media planning and buying business.
Listerine: J&J brand
Carat, the incumbent on the account, is expected to line up against J&J’s other roster agencies: Interpublic’s Mediabrands, which handles its US account, and OMD, which oversees the business in Asia.
The Aegis Media-owned network landed the J&J EMEA media business in 2007 after a pitch against the previous incumbent, Interpublic’s Initiative.
J&J, which owns consumer brands including Listerine, Nicorette and Imodium, has not held a Europe-specific review since then. However, in 2010, it called an informal roster review of its estimated $3 billion global media business to benchmark the performance of its three media networks. The review did not result in any agency changes.
A statement from the company said: "Johnson & Johnson is exploring opportunities with our agency partners across EMEA to deliver innovative and full integrated solutions for our brands."
J&J spends £19 million on UK media, according to Nielsen figures. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
Sales of its consumer products fell 2.4 per cent to $3.6 billion in the first quarter of this year, according to its results.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire