Yahoo hires Michael Barrett as chief revenue officer
Yahoo has hired former Admeld chief executive Michael Barrett from Google, as its new chief revenue officer.
Yahoo: appoints Google's Michael Barrett as chief revenue officer
He will join the business in July, with responsibility for Yahoo's ad revenue and operations in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions, reporting to Yahoo's interim chief executive, Ross Levisohn.
Barrett has been working at Google for the past year, after it acquired Admeld, the supply side platform, where Barrett was chief executive, for $400m.
Prior to Admeld, Barrett worked with Levinsohn at Fox Interactive Media, where he was executive vice-president and chief revenue officer.
Following a tumultuous year at the company, which involved several leadership changes, speculation has been mounting about the future direction of the business.
Many commentators believe that this appointment of a high-profile media figure shows Yahoo's intentions to refocus as an advertising business rather than a technology one.
Barrett also previously held the role of executive vice-president of sales and partnerships at AOL Media Networks and held senior sales positions at Yahoo, GeoCities and Disney Online.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...