Cannes 2012: DLKW Lowe wins Gold Lion in Mobile category
DLKW Lowe was the only UK agency to land a Gold Lion in the inaugural Mobile category at Cannes this year. DLKW Lowe was the only UK agency to land a Gold Lion in the inaugural Mobile category at Cannes this year.
Gold winner: The MicroLoan Foundation’s "Pennies for Life" by DLKW Lowe
The agency scooped the award for its Microloan Foundation work "pennies for life" which allows people to donate to the charity via their mobiles.
The Grand Prix went to the Google "hilltop reimagined for Coca Cola" work by Grow Interactive/Johannes Leonardo New York, which enables consumers to buy a Coke for people around the word via their mobile phones.
Other UK winners were Red Bee Media, which picked up a Bronze for its Fox "walkers kill count" work promoting The Walking Dead TV series, and Brothers and Sisters which won Bronze for its Channel 4 "street tag" work.
Bronzes also went to AKQA’s "MTV under the thumb" work for Viacom MTV and Movement London for its Coca Cola "move to the beat" work.
The category was dominated by US agencies which picked up two Gold Lions, along with the Grand Prix, clocking up a total of 13 Lions out of 54 awarded.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)