Samsung introduces ticketless wristband system for festival-goers
Samsung is rolling out ticketless technology at a number of live music festivals in the UK using wristbands, which it claims will speed up queuing times.
Samsung: ticketless wristband system to be rolled out at music festivals
The wristbands, with RFID technology, will be read on arrival and validate people's entry. There is an option for holders to link them to their social media profile or use them to enter competitions associated with the events.
The first gig to use the technology will be Red Hot Chilli Peppers on 23 June, followed by the Wakestock festival at the start of July.
According to Samsung, it is preparing a way for festival goers with a near field communication (NFC)-enabled phone to be able to use it as their ticket at future events.
Denzil Thomas, business director at Billington Cartmell Music, who conceived the association, said: "NFC is still not widely understood, so we wanted to create a groundbreaking way to demonstrate the power of Samsung’s leading NFC-enabled devices to consumers. Pretty soon NFC will be ubiquitous in ticketing, it’s been great to have Samsung kick it all off in the UK."
Last month, Everything Everywhere announced it was running a trial on ticketless payment systems for Stagecoach buses, using NFC technology.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire