Cannes 2012: Sorrell prepares to debate the importance of live events
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, will be joined by Lord Sebastian Coe and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo on stage at Cannes Lions tomorrow for his annual debate, which this year focuses on the importance of live events.
In an insight into what will be setting Twitter alight and making industry headlines tomorrow, Sorrell provides a brief overview of some of the key topics on the agenda in the quadrennial year of 2012, when Lord Coe and the UK host the Olympics
The power of traditional linear television is set to be underlined, as event TV once again reasserts itself over its time-shifted, or personalised viewing schedules.
Sorrell said: "Paradoxically, post-Lehman, we thought TV might subside in importance, but this will be the importance of old screens and new screens in terms of live events.
"We’ll talk about there was a tender by agencies to buy the Olympics. We’ll talk about politics and sport, we’ll talk about sponsorship, we’ll talk about the scale of the audiences, and why there is more money chasing fewer of these events.
"We’re talking about the two most powerful sporting events on the planet and why they are important, and how they are going to change in the digital environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...