Cannes 2012: Sorrell prepares to debate the importance of live events
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, will be joined by Lord Sebastian Coe and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo on stage at Cannes Lions tomorrow for his annual debate, which this year focuses on the importance of live events.
In an insight into what will be setting Twitter alight and making industry headlines tomorrow, Sorrell provides a brief overview of some of the key topics on the agenda in the quadrennial year of 2012, when Lord Coe and the UK host the Olympics
The power of traditional linear television is set to be underlined, as event TV once again reasserts itself over its time-shifted, or personalised viewing schedules.
Sorrell said: "Paradoxically, post-Lehman, we thought TV might subside in importance, but this will be the importance of old screens and new screens in terms of live events.
"We’ll talk about there was a tender by agencies to buy the Olympics. We’ll talk about politics and sport, we’ll talk about sponsorship, we’ll talk about the scale of the audiences, and why there is more money chasing fewer of these events.
"We’re talking about the two most powerful sporting events on the planet and why they are important, and how they are going to change in the digital environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London