Budweiser-sponsored Wembley FC signs up former top players
Wembley FC, the non-league football club sponsored by Budweiser, has signed up a host of former international players, including Ray Parlour and Martin Keown.
Webley FC: Graeme Le Saux, David Seaman,Terry Venables, Ray Parlour and Claudio Caniggia
Graeme Le Saux, Claudio Caniggia (Argentina) and Brian McBride (USA) are also among the stars that will play in next season's FA Cup, for which the AB-InBev lager brand is lead partner.
This follows the appointment in March of former England manager Terry Venables as technical advisor to the club, which is eight leagues below the top flight.
Former England goalkeeper David Seaman has agreed to be goalkeeping coach for the side, which will play in the FA Cup from August.
Budweiser is also partnering with producer Evan Weinstein to document Wembley FC's preparation and progress in a new international TV show called 'Dream. On. The Journey of Wembley FC'.
Jason Warner, global vice-president Budweiser, said, "As a long-standing supporter of football at all levels, Budweiser is committed to championing the magic of The FA Cup and its ability to create unique memories that players and communities will never forget.
"We are pleased to continue to support Wembley FC as they strive to achieve their dreams and we think their story will appeal to – and inspire – football fans around the world."
Alan Fagan, ESPN group director, advertising and sponsorship sales, EMEA said: "The series will engage with and inspire football fans across the UK and internationally, giving a real insight into grassroots football, the very foundations of the sport."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...