General Motors CMO Joel Ewanick: 'It's all good with Facebook'
General Motors, the world’s fourth-biggest ad spender, has told Marketing that its relationship with Facebook is ‘all good’, despite its highly publicised withdrawal of paid advertising from the social network just days before Facebook’s IPO last month.
General Motors: Chief marketing officer Joel Ewanick
The news of GM's retreat, reported by The Wall Street Journal, cast a shadow over Facebook’s debut on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
‘It was overblown,’ GM global chief marketing officer Joel Ewanick told Marketing after he appeared at a Cannes Lions Advertising session on client-agency relationships on Friday 22 June. ‘People think we were out to get Facebook. That’s not true.’
He added: ‘We have a great relationship and put a lot of money into it. And we have a pretty big budget and developed a lot of content.’
Ewanick stressed that GM ‘has one of the most successful sites on Facebook with a lot of fans who are very engaged. We’re very happy with that.’ He vowed that ‘long-term, you’ll see we’ll have a great relationship and it’s all good’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...