RFU appoints O2 man to head up marketing
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) has appointed O2’s head of sponsorship Nic Fletcher to the new role of head of marketing.
RFU: appoints Nic Fletcher as head of marketing
Fletcher is taking up the role at the rugby governing body this week.
He will report to the RFU's chief commercial officer Sophie Goldschmidt.
His appointment means there will be a minor internal restructure at the RFU's marketing function. Barry O'Hearn will take on more responsibility for events and tournament marketing, whereas he previously had a more general marketing role.
Fletcher was most recently at O2, where he spent five years as head of sponsorship.
During his tenure there, he headed up a number of campaigns, including the 2007 'Never Surrender' and 'O2 on the Beach' campaigns.
Aside from his experience at O2, Fletcher spent four years at the Australian Rugby Union, and has also worked at the marketing agency, Momentum.
At the RFU, Fletcher will work closely with Goldschmidt, particularly in overseeing the RFU's internal marketing function and will work on brand development, rugby and event promotion, fan clubs and creative design.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire