McDonald's launches £10m 'We All Make The Games' campaign
McDonald's has finally revealed details of its Olympic and Paralympic campaign, which will be called ' We All Make The Games', and will involve guerrilla film crews and a TV campaign that will celebrate the people and moments of the games.
McDonald's: unveils We All Make The Games campaign
McDonald’s said it was spending £10m on the campaign, which will run for 10 weeks over the summer. The TV ad has been created by Leo Burnett.
Unlike many of the other Olympic sponsors, McDonald’s has chosen to launch its big campaign close to the start of the Olympics, which begin in 30 days' time.
McDonald's is the official restaurant and presenting partner of London 2012.
McDonalds said: "'We All Make The Games' will document, replay and celebrate the people, moments, and emotions that will all help make the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games a spectacular event and nationwide celebration."
Filmed documentary material and user-generated content will also be used across social channels, outdoor sites such as the Piccadilly Lights, and the interior of its flagship restaurant at the Olympic Park, which will show personal stories from around the country.
In all, the campaign will run in three phases – outdoor and TV, guerrilla film crews, and the use of clips, images and comments to celebrate the people who made the Olympics.
A key part of the campaign will include a mosaic design, created by The Marketing Store, which features thousands of portrait photographs to create composite images of McDonald's customers, employees, and some of the British farmers who supply ingredients for the McDonald's menu.
Alistair Macrow, vice-president marketing, McDonald's UK, said: "The ‘We All Make the Games’ campaign will capture people's emotions, humour and experiences in real time, and we hope to become a barometer for the mood of the nation during the Games."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Marketing Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director - FMCG Research Agency NG Digital Marketing c £55k, Central London