Uniqlo partners with Sony Pictures for first augmented reality campaign
Uniqlo has partnered with Sony Pictures to launch 'The Amazing Spider-man' T-shirts and will push the range with its first-ever use of augmented reality.
Uniqlo: teams up with Sony Pictures to launch T-shirt range
The tie-up with Sony Pictures is timed to coincide with next week’s launch of 'The Amazing Spider-Man in cinemas.
Attention will be drawn to the range with a competition featuring a New York ticket giveaway, run via Aurasma's augmented reality technology.
Posters featuring creative from ‘The Amazing Spider-man’ are being placed in windows of Uniqlo stores, and passers-by will be encouraged to use the Aurasma app to access exclusive 3D content and win a trip to New York.
The graphic and slogan motif 'Spider-Man' will be included on seven different designs of T-shirts, as part of a new Uniqlo collection.
The Japanese clothing retailer has a reputation of innovating in the digital space, with initiatives including the Pinterest 'Mosaic' campaign launched this week, and a Lucky Counter Twitter campaign it created while its ecommerce site was down.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...