Uniqlo partners with Sony Pictures for first augmented reality campaign
Uniqlo has partnered with Sony Pictures to launch 'The Amazing Spider-man' T-shirts and will push the range with its first-ever use of augmented reality.
Uniqlo: teams up with Sony Pictures to launch T-shirt range
The tie-up with Sony Pictures is timed to coincide with next week’s launch of 'The Amazing Spider-Man in cinemas.
Attention will be drawn to the range with a competition featuring a New York ticket giveaway, run via Aurasma's augmented reality technology.
Posters featuring creative from ‘The Amazing Spider-man’ are being placed in windows of Uniqlo stores, and passers-by will be encouraged to use the Aurasma app to access exclusive 3D content and win a trip to New York.
The graphic and slogan motif 'Spider-Man' will be included on seven different designs of T-shirts, as part of a new Uniqlo collection.
The Japanese clothing retailer has a reputation of innovating in the digital space, with initiatives including the Pinterest 'Mosaic' campaign launched this week, and a Lucky Counter Twitter campaign it created while its ecommerce site was down.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London