Adidas gives Andy Murray new shorts after balls pop out
Adidas has provided Andy Murray with a new pair of shorts after his tennis balls repeatedly popped out of his shorts during his victory against Marcos Baghdatis.
Andy Murray: adidas to supply player with new shorts
Murray lost two points during Saturday’s (30 June) showdown with Baghdatis, after a tennis ball fell from his pocket mid-point.
Adidas has attributed the faulty shorts to human error, because the pockets on the hand-made shorts had been made too shallow.
Murray has been sponsored by adidas since 2009 and has worn its Barricade Short range throughout this year’s tournament.
Baghdatis is also sponsored by adidas but was wearing the longer Barricade Bermuda shorts range.
An adidas statement said: "Adidas works closely with Andy on the design of all his kit and we believe the issues were the result of an individual technical error in the handmade pockets of those shorts.
"Andy will now wear the Barricade Bermuda short."
Despite the two-point penalty, Murray managed to overcome Baghdatis just before play was stopped as a result of the 11pm curfew placed on the tennis by the local council.
Murray won in four sets and will wear the Barricade Bermuda range for today’s (2 July) match against Marin Cilic.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Programme Evaluation Analyst Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000 + bens, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...