Direct Line CMO Vlemmiks leaves after five months in job
Direct Line Group chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks is to leave the RBS-owned insurance group after just five months in the role.
Rick Vlemmiks: chief marketing officer to leave Direct Line after five months
According to sources, the former British Gas marketer will leave the business to work on a series of personal charitable projects.
It leaves Mark Evans, director of brand portfolio and partnerships, as the most senior remaining marketer at the insurer. Evans will operate as interim chief marketing officer. However, it is not known if Direct Line is looking for a permanent replacement for Vlemmiks.
The group, which owns brands such as Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege, rebranded from RBS Insurance earlier this year, with RBS compelled to sell the assets by the end of 2014 under the terms of its bail-out by the UK government in 2008.
Vlemmiks took up the role as chief marketing officer in February from his position with British Gas, to head up the insurer's newly formed centralised marketing structure, ahead of the sale.
Direct Line Group was unavailable for comment.
UPDATE: It is understood Vlemmiks will remain contracted to Direct Line Group until December, but will no longer work at the business on a day-to-day basis.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...