Samsung and Mike Skinner team up to break emerging band
Samsung has teamed-up with The Streets frontman Mike Skinner to help break emerging band Man Like Me.
The technology giant has rolled out a video, created by Jam, which features the band members talking about their daily routine.
The band is filmed making music and discussing how the Samsung Galaxy Note handset helps them to do this. The video also features the band’s mentor Mike Skinner.
Samsung intends to launch one of the band's tracks and is supporting the activity with a Twitter campaign.
The activity forms part of Samsung's wider #breakfree campaign, revealed by Marketing, which based on a strategy to align the brand with indie arts and culture to highlight the ‘creative potential’ of the Note.
The first film in the 'Breakfree' series, which launched last month, featured "guerrilla knitter" Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning landmarks with colourful knitted items.
Olek's tour included a visit to Merseyside, where she dressed Anthony Gormley's Iron Men sculpture in knitted jumpsuits, an act that grabbed headlines last month before Samsung's involvement became public.
Although many brands have had a long-standing relationship with music, with the proliferation of digital music more of them are turning to the medium to establish a closer and more emotional connection with consumers.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)