Samsung and Mike Skinner team up to break emerging band
Samsung has teamed-up with The Streets frontman Mike Skinner to help break emerging band Man Like Me.
The technology giant has rolled out a video, created by Jam, which features the band members talking about their daily routine.
The band is filmed making music and discussing how the Samsung Galaxy Note handset helps them to do this. The video also features the band’s mentor Mike Skinner.
Samsung intends to launch one of the band's tracks and is supporting the activity with a Twitter campaign.
The activity forms part of Samsung's wider #breakfree campaign, revealed by Marketing, which based on a strategy to align the brand with indie arts and culture to highlight the ‘creative potential’ of the Note.
The first film in the 'Breakfree' series, which launched last month, featured "guerrilla knitter" Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning landmarks with colourful knitted items.
Olek's tour included a visit to Merseyside, where she dressed Anthony Gormley's Iron Men sculpture in knitted jumpsuits, an act that grabbed headlines last month before Samsung's involvement became public.
Although many brands have had a long-standing relationship with music, with the proliferation of digital music more of them are turning to the medium to establish a closer and more emotional connection with consumers.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Director of Communications and Marketing, Falmouth University - HN7331BR Harvey Nash Attractive salary plus benefits, Falmouth
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...