O2 and Nike unveil vision for 'most exclusive sports club'
O2 and Nike will launch a major ad campaign to support its vision for what the two brands claim is to be the UK's "most exclusive sports club".
As Marketing revealed earlier this week, the two companies have collaborated to create Priority Sports, which is a loyalty scheme that will give O2 customers access to Nike athletes and events.
Priority Sports is offering its users a number of experiences, including the chance to go for a run with Olympic medallist Paula Radcliffe, who was at the launch event in Nike's flagship Oxford Circus store, and training with footballer Rio Ferdinand.
Users will also get first access to Nike products and opportunities to attend Nike events.
The scheme, concepted and designed by R/GA London, is an extension of O2's location based mobile rewards scheme, Priority Moments.
Speaking at the launch, Ronan Dunne, chief executive of O2, said Priority Sports was about "changing things" and "harnessing the power of ideas and technology for new possibilities."
He explained that 50% of people used an app as part of their sports activity, demonstrating how technology and sports go hand in hand. He said that O2 wanted to go further into the sports category, and change it in the same way it had done to music and shopping, with its Priority loyalty scheme.
Dunne said: "Priority Sports is a digital clubhouse which brings customers closer to their passion digitally."
Dirk-Jan van Hameren, vice-president of Nike Western Europe, said: "The consumer is about change and we are making sure we are staying relevant to the consumers
"This is not just through inspiration around sports, but we are really trying to focus on providing a platform to help people get better when the live and play sports."
Dunne revealed that the app, which launches in August, will be supported by a major ad campaign that will be fully integrated, with a large digital component.
A preview video shown to the audience contained the strapline: "The world's biggest sports community, get involved. Welcome to the club".
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)