Now scoops £3m New York Bakery Co advertising brief
The New York Bakery Co has appointed Now to handle its £3 million ad business.
New York Bakery Co: called review after JWT resigned account
The agency picked up the business after a review in May as the incumbent, JWT London, was forced to resign the account, having picked up a chunk of the Premier Foods business, including the rival Hovis brand.
Now will be responsible for the brand's advertising and promotional activity.
Earlier this year, the New York Bakery Co, owned by the Canadian processed food giant Maple Leaf Foods, signalled strong growth expectations with the announcement of an £11.5 million investment in the business.
Melissa Robertson, a managing partner at Now, said: "We're looking forward to helping the company grow the business in strategic areas and launch new, exciting ventures for the benefit of their consumers and business."
Simon Foster, the UK marketing director at Maple Leaf, added: "We're delighted to appoint Now as our strategic and creative partners and I'm very confident they will help us build on our strong performance by driving even greater growth and brand/consumer engagement."
Last year, New York Bakery Co promoted its range of bagels with a PR stunt involving a semi-naked street performer, Robert John Burck, busking at St Pancras International station. The stunt was advertised using press ads in Metro.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Lead PHP/Drupal Developer Needed! - £45k - London Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...