Unilever teams up with Unicef and Domestos for charity initiative
Unilever has teamed up with Unicef and Domestos on a major charitable initiative that aims to help bring improved sanitation to hundreds of thousands of people in poorer countries.
Domestos: Unilever brand links up with Unicef for better sanitation campaign
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is becoming an increasingly heated battleground between companies, as they seek to outdo each other.
As part of the partnership, Domestos is to help improve children's access to basic sanitation through a cause-marketing campaign on supermarket shelves.
Domestos is contributing 5% of its average proceeds received from the sale of specially marked bottles of Domestos in selected countries, to support a Unicef programme in South Sudan and Vietnam. Unilever will help orchestrate the marketing campaign.
The cause-marketing campaign will be rolled out to consumers in the UK and Ireland between 1 July and 30 September.
In addition to the partnership with Unicef, Unilever is also trying to address sanitation crisis through the company’s partnerships with Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP) and the World Toilet Organisation (WT0).
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...