Royal Mail unveils direct marketing facility MarketReach
The Royal Mail is expanding its business with the launch of its own direct marketing services facility, MarketReach, to help boost the use of mail marketing by UK brands.
Royal Mail: launches MarketReach direct marketing facility
The government-owned postal service will provide both brands and agencies with a range of direct marketing services, including planning, production, data and creative services, to help fill a "gap" in skills at partner organisations.
Royal Mail said it was looking to "behave more like a media owner", and less like an industry advisory body such as the RAB or Thinkbox, by helping advertisers to integrate "real elements" into increasingly digitally-led campaigns
In partnership with technology companies Incentivated, favourthebrave.co.uk and Digital Space, MarketReach will advise on the use of tools such as SMS, digital watermarking and QR code activation.
The organisation has hired more than 20 agency and brand specialists towards the creation of a 100-strong internal team. It has also partnered with creative agency Clinic London, production firm St Ives, data specialists Callcredit, and agency EHS 4D Discovery, for additional capabilities.
Frank Schinella, managing director of Royal Mail’s media business, claimed the move would help the business to increase its share of the £16bn UK advertising market: "We want to help advertisers and agencies by providing the skills and expertise to make it even easier to add mail to their marketing activities."
He said: "We know that in a competitive environment, getting your message across to customers in a planned, targeted and impactful way is integral to business success. Mail is a great way to complement and integrate digital advertising, adding a real element to a campaign," said Schinella
Royal Mail will support the launch of MarketReach with a trade marketing campaign featuring the strapline, "We believe in the power of real."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...