Coors Light brings back Van Damme for £2.5m TV and online push
Molson Coors is to launch the next instalment of its cult Coors Light ads starring Jean Claude Van Damme, as part of a £6m integrated campaign.
Coors Light’s ‘Closest to Cold’ UK advertising campaign launched on Facebook and YouTube on Friday and will make its TV debut on 13 July, running for nine weeks.
The 30 and 10 second spots titled ‘Imprints’, depict the continuation of Jean Claude Van Damme’s quest in the Rockies, trying to get ‘close to the ice cold refreshment of a Coors Light’. In the latest ad, created by VCCP Blue, Van Damme makes snow angels whilst singing classic eighties tune ‘Take my breath away’.
The first execution of the campaign racked up millions of online views when in launched in July last year, attracting huge numbers of 'likes' and 'dislikes' on YouTube. It went on to become the UK’s most-shared beer ad. So far the new ad has 88,510 views on YouTube.
Ali Pickering, brand director, Coors Light UK, said: "Coors Light sales have been very strong coming into the traditionally busy summer period in the UK. The strong marketing campaign, in which the Van Damme adverts have played a vital role, has really driven the brand’s growth over the last year. This confirms that now is the ideal time to launch the new instalment of adverts to push sales even further."
According to Molson Coors, Coors Light has grown over 40% in the off-trade this year, outperforming the overall lager market which has seen a 2.8% decline. On-trade performance over the same period was 14% growth, again in a declining market.
The £2.5m campaign is part of a £6m wider marketing push which represents the biggest adspend in Coors Light’s UK history.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London