Qatar Airways sets up 'Tweet-a-meet' challenge
Qatar Airways is launching a 'Tweet-a-meet' campaign that will give pairs of people the chance to win a flight to meet each other in any of the 117 destinations the airline flies to.
Qatar Airways: launches Tweet-a-meet competition
The competition was created by Qatar's Singapore-based agency Batey and will encourage people to pair up and tweet about a destination. It opens on Sunday 15 July and runs until Tuesday 24 July.
Consumers register on the tweet-a-meet.com microsite, selecting one of their own Twitter followers to team up with for the competition.
The pair then choose a destination they will meet in thanks to Qatar Airways if they win the competition.
They tweet about the destination, using the hashtag #tweetameet, receiving one ‘Tweet-mile’ for every tweet sent. Tweets must contain relevant facts about the destination.
The first three teams with the most tweets at the end of the race will be given a pair of business class tickets to their chosen destination.
Runners-up will receive one of five pairs of economy class tickets to their chosen destination.
Akbar Al Baker, chief executive of Qatar Airways, said: "A good percentage of our bookings come from online channels, so most of our passengers are very social media savvy.
"As a result, Qatar Airways has been actively looking at a variety of different distribution channels using new technology to reach out even more to our customers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...