Qatar Airways sets up 'Tweet-a-meet' challenge
Qatar Airways is launching a 'Tweet-a-meet' campaign that will give pairs of people the chance to win a flight to meet each other in any of the 117 destinations the airline flies to.
Qatar Airways: launches Tweet-a-meet competition
The competition was created by Qatar's Singapore-based agency Batey and will encourage people to pair up and tweet about a destination. It opens on Sunday 15 July and runs until Tuesday 24 July.
Consumers register on the tweet-a-meet.com microsite, selecting one of their own Twitter followers to team up with for the competition.
The pair then choose a destination they will meet in thanks to Qatar Airways if they win the competition.
They tweet about the destination, using the hashtag #tweetameet, receiving one ‘Tweet-mile’ for every tweet sent. Tweets must contain relevant facts about the destination.
The first three teams with the most tweets at the end of the race will be given a pair of business class tickets to their chosen destination.
Runners-up will receive one of five pairs of economy class tickets to their chosen destination.
Akbar Al Baker, chief executive of Qatar Airways, said: "A good percentage of our bookings come from online channels, so most of our passengers are very social media savvy.
"As a result, Qatar Airways has been actively looking at a variety of different distribution channels using new technology to reach out even more to our customers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London