GE tells its Olympics story with interactive map
General Electric is launching a digital campaign to raise awareness of its London 2012 Olympics sponsorship and its involvement in building the infrastructure and legacy for the games.
General Electric: unveils digital campaign promoting its Olympics credentials
The energy giant has launched an interactive map, created by Beyond and built on Microsoft's Bing platform, which aims to tell the story of its role in powering the games.
It maps the Olympic venues and other landmarks in the UK and users can click on each landmark to find out information about its infrastructure.
It also includes games in which users win prizes by answering a series of questions about the Olympics.
GE started sponsoring the Olympic Games with the Torino 2006 Winter Olympics and has also included previous Olympic city locations on the map, with information about its involvement.
This year it has stepped up its consumer-facing marketing, with its first UK campaign in March. It has also recently rolled out advertising on the Docklands Light Railway to highlight the Olympic sponsorship.
In a recent interview with Marketing, Lord Coe said Olympic sponsors should do more to promote their contribution to the London 2012 Olympics, picking out GE as well as Adidas, Lloyds TSB as positive examples.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London