GE tells its Olympics story with interactive map
General Electric is launching a digital campaign to raise awareness of its London 2012 Olympics sponsorship and its involvement in building the infrastructure and legacy for the games.
General Electric: unveils digital campaign promoting its Olympics credentials
The energy giant has launched an interactive map, created by Beyond and built on Microsoft's Bing platform, which aims to tell the story of its role in powering the games.
It maps the Olympic venues and other landmarks in the UK and users can click on each landmark to find out information about its infrastructure.
It also includes games in which users win prizes by answering a series of questions about the Olympics.
GE started sponsoring the Olympic Games with the Torino 2006 Winter Olympics and has also included previous Olympic city locations on the map, with information about its involvement.
This year it has stepped up its consumer-facing marketing, with its first UK campaign in March. It has also recently rolled out advertising on the Docklands Light Railway to highlight the Olympic sponsorship.
In a recent interview with Marketing, Lord Coe said Olympic sponsors should do more to promote their contribution to the London 2012 Olympics, picking out GE as well as Adidas, Lloyds TSB as positive examples.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Analytical Marketing Manager Badenoch & Clark £40000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...