GE tells its Olympics story with interactive map
General Electric is launching a digital campaign to raise awareness of its London 2012 Olympics sponsorship and its involvement in building the infrastructure and legacy for the games.
General Electric: unveils digital campaign promoting its Olympics credentials
The energy giant has launched an interactive map, created by Beyond and built on Microsoft's Bing platform, which aims to tell the story of its role in powering the games.
It maps the Olympic venues and other landmarks in the UK and users can click on each landmark to find out information about its infrastructure.
It also includes games in which users win prizes by answering a series of questions about the Olympics.
GE started sponsoring the Olympic Games with the Torino 2006 Winter Olympics and has also included previous Olympic city locations on the map, with information about its involvement.
This year it has stepped up its consumer-facing marketing, with its first UK campaign in March. It has also recently rolled out advertising on the Docklands Light Railway to highlight the Olympic sponsorship.
In a recent interview with Marketing, Lord Coe said Olympic sponsors should do more to promote their contribution to the London 2012 Olympics, picking out GE as well as Adidas, Lloyds TSB as positive examples.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East