Mother creates Coca-Cola torch relay ad in run-up to Games
Coke is to air the next phase of its Olympic 'Move To The Beat' campaign, which will feature footage from the UK-wide torch relay.
The ad, created by Mother, will form a central plank of Coca-Cola's 'Move To The Beat' activity.
It airs on Monday (16 July) and shows different runners in different parts of the country holding the torch, spliced between footage of street parties and torch-relay processions from up and down the UK.
The runners in the ad are a group of six winners, aged between 16 and 26, of Coca-Cola's 'Future Flames' activity, which allowed members of the public to nominate the people in their local area that they believed deserved the accolade for their contribution to their community.
The ad uses a remixed version of Mark Ronson and Katy B's specially created track, 'Anywhere in the world', and ends with the line, "Celebrate Britain's beat with Coca-Cola."
The TV work is supported by outdoor and digital activity, along with the creation of a "colourful and visual representation" of the campaign for consumers to visit at the Olympic Park.
Coca-Cola is one of three presenting partners of the 70-day Olympic Torch Relay, alongside Samsung and Lloyds TSB.
James Eadie, Olympic portfolio director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "This latest instalment brings together our activity as a presenting partner of the Olympic Torch Relay with our 'Move To The Beat' campaign – celebrating our 'Future Flames' remarkable achievements by not only carrying the flame for Coca-Cola, but now also appearing in our new TVC."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...