Vitaminwater calls pitch
Coca-Cola is inviting agencies to pitch for the European advertising business for its Vitaminwater brand.
Vitaminwater: Jessie J has fronted the brand’s advertising
Initial meetings between Coca-Cola and pitching agencies are lined up for the coming weeks.
The water brand's advertising has been slammed in the past for making misleading claims, with one poster banned by the Advertising Standards Authority last year.
The ASA ruled that the description of Vitaminwater as "nutritious" was misleading because each 500ml bottle contained about 23g of sugar, or a quarter of a person's GDA for sugar, as well as added vitamins.
Vitaminwater works with Exposure on its advertising in the UK. The agency created a campaign for Vitaminwater last year that ran across outdoor and highlighted the spectrum of colours used on the brand's packaging.
As part of the campaign, a Facebook competition invited people to "show their vits" and "join the vit pack" for the chance to win prizes.
More recent advertising for the brand has focused on promoting its status as a London 2012 global partner. In May, Vitaminwater used its Twitter account to give away Olympic beach volleyball tickets.
Jessie J was signed up as Vitaminwater's brand ambassador in September last year as it announced its London 2012 partnership.
As part of its initial activity around the Olympics, Coca-Cola encouraged people to co-create a new Vitaminwater variant, using a crowdsourcing project called Flavour Creator on its Facebook page.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...