Karmarama lands Porsche UK ad business after pitch
Porsche, the luxury car company, has appointed Karmarama to its UK advertising account after a pitch.
Porsche: agreed deal with Volkswagen to join its stable of brands
Karmarama will now create advertising and digital work around new campaigns for the brand.
Porsche most recently focused its marketing efforts on the Cayman, a mid-engined two-seater sports car, as its "best-kept secret".
The brand has previously worked with M&C Saatchi Group in the UK, which also handles Porsche's global advertising.
Previous advertising for Porsche in the UK has included a print campaign highlighting little-known facts about the car-maker.
One execution that ran in newspapers and magazines in May 2010 for the Cayenne S Hybrid states that the Porsche founder Ferdinand Porsche built the world's first petrol/electric hybrid vehicle in 1900.
Volkswagen agreed to purchase the remaining half of Porsche's car-making operations for €4.5 billion this month.
Porsche joins a stable of 12 VW brands in August that includes the truck-maker Scania, the luxury brands Bugatti and Bentley, the low-cost car-maker Skoda and the motorcycle company Ducati.
Media for Porsche is handled by PHD Group globally. The account was picked up by the network after a battle against MediaCom, Starcom MediaVest Group and MPG Media Contacts in June 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London