Karmarama lands Porsche UK ad business after pitch
Porsche, the luxury car company, has appointed Karmarama to its UK advertising account after a pitch.
Porsche: agreed deal with Volkswagen to join its stable of brands
Karmarama will now create advertising and digital work around new campaigns for the brand.
Porsche most recently focused its marketing efforts on the Cayman, a mid-engined two-seater sports car, as its "best-kept secret".
The brand has previously worked with M&C Saatchi Group in the UK, which also handles Porsche's global advertising.
Previous advertising for Porsche in the UK has included a print campaign highlighting little-known facts about the car-maker.
One execution that ran in newspapers and magazines in May 2010 for the Cayenne S Hybrid states that the Porsche founder Ferdinand Porsche built the world's first petrol/electric hybrid vehicle in 1900.
Volkswagen agreed to purchase the remaining half of Porsche's car-making operations for €4.5 billion this month.
Porsche joins a stable of 12 VW brands in August that includes the truck-maker Scania, the luxury brands Bugatti and Bentley, the low-cost car-maker Skoda and the motorcycle company Ducati.
Media for Porsche is handled by PHD Group globally. The account was picked up by the network after a battle against MediaCom, Starcom MediaVest Group and MPG Media Contacts in June 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)