Unilever Cosmetics reshuffles UK PR
LONDON - (PR Worldwide) - Unilever Cosmetics International (UK) has reshuffled its PR office as it brings its range of designer fragrances under one roof.
Trudi Collister, formerly Calvin Klein Cosmetics head of PR, will lead a new office handling PR for all designer fragrances as the company gears up for a drive to promote new cosmetics ranges.
The designer fragrance arm of the corporation - previously known as Calvin Klein Cosmetics - changed its name in January to Unilever Cosmetics International.
This divisional shake-up saw the move of such perfumes as Cerruti, Chloe, Lagerfeld and Valentino to within its portfolio. These fragrances previously came under the Elizabeth Arden range but were retained when Elizabeth Arden was sold last year.
'We couldn't operate as Calvin Klein with those designers as they wouldn't have been happy with it, so we renamed the company,' said Collister, who joined Calvin Klein seven years ago from agency CMT International.
Collister will take charge of strategic PR for the company, with the aim of increasing brand awareness of Unilever's designer perfumes and promoting new products.
These include various products produced under licence. Last week Latitude Longitude for Nautica was launched. In 2002 and 2003 fragrances will be launched for BCBG Max Azria and for Vera Wong.
Collister will work alongside press officer Deanna Sparks - who joins from the Elizabeth Arden side of the company - and will report directly to managing director Teresa Townsend.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire