Starbucks launches iced Refresha drink
Starbucks is launching a chilled coffee product called Refresha, as it moves to expand its portfolio in the UK.
Starbucks: launches Refresha iced drink in the UK
Starbucks launches the drink in the UK today (12 July) on the back of the popularity of its chilled Frappuccino range.
Refresha is made from fruit juice with green coffee extract, which will deliver a caffeine "hit".
The drink is prepared fresh in stores in two flavours – Cool Lime or Berry Hibiscus.
The product was launched in France last week and in the US, where it is known as Refreshers, on Monday (9 July), with a free giveaway in-store. Canned variants have been available for some time, and instant Via packs are expected.
Refresha is designed to appeal to non-coffee drinkers who still want a caffeine lift. Starbucks Refresha will retail at £2.40 (Tall), £2.65 (Grande) and £2.90 (Venti).
The launch represents the latest in a series of brand extensions and developments for Starbucks.
It launched Via instant coffee three years ago, and on to food with bistro boxes in the US, and then even dropping the word "coffee".
Starbucks believes Refresha taps into the latest fad from the US for more cold or chilled products, from frozen yogurt to their own Frappuccino line.
In an interview with Marketing, Starbucks' chief marketer Ian Cranna describes how the Starbucks brand is changing and evolving to compete with market leader Costa and with McDonald's and investing in the brand in the run-up to the Olympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...