Barclays confirms bumper Premier League sponsorship renewal
Barclays, the under-fire bank, has confirmed a new three-year deal with the Premier League to remain the football tournament's title sponsor, as tipped in Marketing.
Manchester City: current Premier League champions
The three-year deal is valued at £40m a season, running for three seasons from 2013/14 to the end of the 2015/16 season.
It follows just weeks after the Premier League signed its sky-high UK broadcast deal with BSkyB and BT.
Marketing revealed that Barclays was to sign a bumper deal to retain its title sponsorship on the day that the bank’s chief executive Bob Diamond was forced to stand down.
The agreement includes the titles sponsorship of the Premier League and exclusive world-wide marketing rights, UK and international TV programme accreditations, along with hospitality.
As part of the tie-up, Barclays and the Premier League will continue to run the Barclays Asia Trophy tournaments and the Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour.
Barclays has been the title sponsor of the Premier League since 2004, with Barclaycard the title sponsor between 2001 and 2004.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...