Topshop signs deal with Nordstrom department store for US expansion
Sir Philip Green's Arcadia is expanding the footprint of its Topshop and Topman brands by striking a deal to sell its merchandise through a US retailer.
Topshop: spring/summer 2012 campaign
Green has signed a deal with US department store Nordstrom, to sell Topshop and Topman merchandise through 14 Nordstrom shops and via its website.
The deal means that Nordstrom will be the only US retailer to carry the Topshop and Topman brands, in stores stretching from from Texas to California.
Green will be hoping for a significant uplift in sales from the venture.
Topshop and Topman, and rivals such as H&M, are looking to expand in the lucrative US market.
Topshop already has flagship stores in New York, Chicago and Las Vegas, supported by US designated online retail sites for Topshop and Topman, and last month, it hired Justin Cooke as chief marketing officer to aid the fashion retailer to turn into a global brand.
The UK brand's departments within Nordstrom will feature visual merchandising and store fixing supplied from the UK, with limited edition items of clothing to be sold exclusively within the department.
Green said: ''I believe Topshop and Topman offer the Nordstrom customer something very different and unique with our signature British fashion authority. With new pieces being delivered from our design team on pretty much a weekly basis, the ability to buy fresh, must-have looks every time a customer visits is key to our brands' point of difference."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...