Chisora sports Paddy Power Y-fronts in weigh-in
Paddy Power has targeted boxing for its latest promotional stunt, which involved controversial boxer Dereck Chisora donning a pair of the brand's green and white Y-fronts.
Paddy Power: Dereck Chisora dons the brand's pants for weigh-in
Chsiora donned the Y-fronts at the weigh-in ahead of his fight against David Haye this Saturday at Upton Park.
Chisora stepped on the scales in his trademark Union Jack, tied around the lower half of his face, and a pair of green and white Y-fronts bearing the name "Paddy Power".
Paddy Power’s pants were last seen during Euro 2012, when Danish Striker Nicklas Bendtner wore the special underwear during Denmark’s match against Portugal.
Bendtner was fined £80,000 for participating in the stunt and banned from one competitive international fixture.
The stunt was a breach of Denmark FA’s exclusive deal with rival betting firm Ladbrokes, as well as Uefa’s commercial rules. Paddy Power has agreed to pay the fine.
The controversial advertiser is known for its sporting stunts and banned TV advertising, the most recent of which featured transgendered-looking women among a crowd of racing fans at Cheltenham Ladies' Day.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester