Nintendo hands UK marketing role to PR chief Shelly Pearce
Nintendo has appointed its head of European PR Shelly Pearce to the UK marketing director position left vacant by the departure of Dawn Paine.
Shelly Pearce: appointed UK marketing director at Nintendo
The brand was left without a marketing director after Paine jumped ship on 24 February to join Universal Pictures UK as its new vice-president of marketing.
Following Paine's departure general manager David Yarnton stepped in to oversee the Nintendo marketing team with the assistance of head of home console marketing Rob Lowe, who has since left for BBC Worldwide.
Senior managers James Honeywell, Ben Taylor and Jo Bartlett will report directly into Pearce, who joined the company in 1998 and has held the head of European PR role since 2002.
Pearce said: "This is an exciting time to be joining the UK team with two major hardware launches on the horizon, Nintendo 3DS XL on 28th July and Wii U later this year.
"I started my Nintendo career as part of the UK team and it’s great to return as we start this new chapter in our company’s history."
Nintendo is about to embark on a new entertainment strategy in partnership with content companies including Netflix by leveraging the second-screen capabilities of its upcoming Wii U console.
The gaming company hopes the entertainment strategy will help turn around its fortunes after it posted its first ever annual loss this year. It is struggling to cope with the growth of gaming on smartphones and tablets and the flop of its 3DS handheld computer.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...