Mumsnet partners What Car? for autos review service
Mumsnet has partnered with What Car? to launch a section of its website that will feature user-generated car reviews alongside expert advice.
Mumsnet Cars: microsite offers reviews and advice
The reviews section will seek to offer straight-talking answers to common questions that Mumsnet users have about cars, which will sit alongside expert insight provided by the Haymarket-owned What Car? magazine.
Mumsnet's car microsite, Mumsnet Cars, has been set up to fill a "gap in the market" for clear and family friendly advice.
The site will also include a tool that will calculate the value of a used car, as well as advice on buying, selling and running a car.
Justine Roberts, chief executive and co-founder of Mumsnet, said: "When it comes to buying cars, we know that priorities change once people start a family and that parents are looking for safe, economical and practical cars, without the hard sell.
"Eighty per cent of our users seek advice or read reviews on Mumsnet when they are planning to buy a child-related product, and, judging from the number of car discussions on the site, there's a clear need for similar advice when it comes to cars."
Mumsnet surveyed its users to find out about what recommendations they would trust when buying a car, to coincide with the launch of its new service.
Some 48% of respondents said they would not trust any celebrity recommendation, while 77% said that a recommendation from a friend or a relation would be influential.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Senior Analyst Direct Recruitment £42,000, Central London