Mumsnet partners What Car? for autos review service
Mumsnet has partnered with What Car? to launch a section of its website that will feature user-generated car reviews alongside expert advice.
Mumsnet Cars: microsite offers reviews and advice
The reviews section will seek to offer straight-talking answers to common questions that Mumsnet users have about cars, which will sit alongside expert insight provided by the Haymarket-owned What Car? magazine.
Mumsnet's car microsite, Mumsnet Cars, has been set up to fill a "gap in the market" for clear and family friendly advice.
The site will also include a tool that will calculate the value of a used car, as well as advice on buying, selling and running a car.
Justine Roberts, chief executive and co-founder of Mumsnet, said: "When it comes to buying cars, we know that priorities change once people start a family and that parents are looking for safe, economical and practical cars, without the hard sell.
"Eighty per cent of our users seek advice or read reviews on Mumsnet when they are planning to buy a child-related product, and, judging from the number of car discussions on the site, there's a clear need for similar advice when it comes to cars."
Mumsnet surveyed its users to find out about what recommendations they would trust when buying a car, to coincide with the launch of its new service.
Some 48% of respondents said they would not trust any celebrity recommendation, while 77% said that a recommendation from a friend or a relation would be influential.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...