EDF to power London Eye light shows with Olympic tweets
EDF Energy will illuminate the London Eye during the Olympics and Paralympics with a light show made from tweets about the Games.
EDF: launches 'energy of the nation' campaign
The 'Energy Of The Nation' campaign will measure the mood of the nation during the Olympics using data sourced from 10 million UK Twitter users.
Brand experience agency Ignite will activate the campaign by working alongside a team of MIT graduates in order to filter the tweets originating from the UK that reference the Olympics.
The results will then be used to put on a "low-carbon" lightshow every night at 9pm in order to draw attention to EDF Energy's sponsorship of the London Eye and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
EDF Energy will also set up a Mission Control structure at the London Eye that will allow visitors to participate in activity through digital and social media activity.
The experiential activity will launch tomorrow (19 July).
An 'Energy Of The Nation' website has been set up to support the campaign, alongside an Energy2012 mobile app and Energy of the Nation Facebook app.
Activity will be supported by advertising, advertorials and editorial inches in the Daily Mail, which will run throughout the Olympics and Paralympics with media planning and buying by MPG Media Contacts.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...