Planet Rock appoints Jazz FM for ad sales
Planet Rock, the independent rock station, has appointed Jazz FM to handle its spot and sponsorship sales, ending its relationship with Absolute Radio.
Planet Rock: appoints Jazz FM
From August 2012 Jazz FM’s sales team will be responsible for all of Planet Rock’s commercial business, including the sale of spot airtime, sponsorship, promotions and online activity.
The deal was negotiated by Carter Tanner, who recently joined Jazz FM as managing director of radio, and Malcolm Bluemel, chief executive of Planet Rock, and is Jazz FM’s first foray into third-party sales.
Planet Rock is one of the biggest digital-only radio stations and had an average of 861,000 listeners a week during the first quarter of 2012, while Jazz FM had 564,000 listeners a week during the same period.
Bluemel said: "We are delighted to have reached a mutual decision in combining the two station’s upmarket audience and making it a stronger pull for clients and agencies alike.
"We share a common interest in brands and I am delighted that Jazz FM will be representing our valuable collateral."
Jazz FM’s ad sales were handled by First Radio Sales (which is jointly owned by The Local Radio Company and UTV Media) but the digital station brought them in-house in October 2010.
Tanner said: "I recognised straight away the potential in working with Planet Rock, who holds such a strong ABC1 following and we can now offer advertisers greater scale of such an upmarket audience up and down the country.
"On meeting Malcolm Bluemel we immediately saw the potential of a combined sell to the marketplace. We are delighted with the outcome."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...