Mars CMO Bruce McColl on the need for 'big ideas' in advertising
Bruce McColl, the chief marketing officer at Mars, named brand Advertiser of the Year at Cannes Lions, talks about the courage it takes to invest in creative marketing and the biggest challenges facing the confectionery giant.
Bruce McColl: Mars chief marketer officer
McColl said the biggest challenge the brand has faced is one of scale, trying to reach "the billions of people across the globe".
He said it is vital to have a "good story" to successfully be able to reach an audience of that magnitude.
Watch the Bruce McColl interview below and read the full interview here.blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...