Vodafone creates Tate mobile handset
Vodafone is to launch a limited-edition mobile handset in conjunction with Tate, the first time in a decade that the gallery group has partnered a corporate sponsor to produce a commercial product.
Vodafone and Tate partnered for new handset
The Smart II devices will be available from selected retailers from mid-August. They will come with a two-for-one entry ticket that can be used to visit Tate Modern or Tate Britain until 31 January next year.
Vodafone asked Tate Collective, a group of art students and enthusiasts, to submit ideas for the handset. The winning design was created by 19-year-old Gaby Sahhar, who will start studying at Goldsmiths later this year.
The release of the handset marks the first time Vodafone Group has exploited its partnership with Tate since it was announced last year.
Clare Sheikh, global brand director at Vodafone, said collaboration had been a 'great opportunity' for Vodafone to work with 'upcoming talent' to create a product designed for a younger demographic.
Vodafone's Smart II handset will cost £70 for pay-as-you-go customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manger Brand Recruitment Negotiable, Wellingborough
- Account Manager - Media Sales, TV & Digital Boyce Recruitment Base Salary depends on exp + Commission and Bens., London (Central), London (Greater)