JWT London scoops Kit Kat UK digital brief
JWT London has been appointed by Nestlé to handle the UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.
Kit Kat: JWT London already handles its advertising
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against We Are Social, Blast Radius and Frank, with the incumbent, Skive, pulling out earlier in the review.
JWT has handled the Kit Kat advertising account since the chocolate brand's creation. The agency invented the strapline "Have a break. Have a Kit Kat", with the first-ever ad to feature the famous line appearing in 1957.
The new assignment means JWT will also be responsible for digital activity including Kit Kat's website, online advertising and social media execution, including community management across Kit Kat's social media platforms such as Facebook.
James Whitehead, an executive partner at JWT London, said: "Kit Kat is a great prize - it's already among the top ten most-engaged brands on Facebook and we will be helping Nestlé achieve their ambition to turn this much-loved brand into a world-class operator digitally."
Kit Kat is the fourth-largest UK chocolate brand with estimated sales of £120 million in 2011, according to Mintel.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...