JWT London scoops Kit Kat UK digital brief
JWT London has been appointed by Nestlé to handle the UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.
Kit Kat: JWT London already handles its advertising
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against We Are Social, Blast Radius and Frank, with the incumbent, Skive, pulling out earlier in the review.
JWT has handled the Kit Kat advertising account since the chocolate brand's creation. The agency invented the strapline "Have a break. Have a Kit Kat", with the first-ever ad to feature the famous line appearing in 1957.
The new assignment means JWT will also be responsible for digital activity including Kit Kat's website, online advertising and social media execution, including community management across Kit Kat's social media platforms such as Facebook.
James Whitehead, an executive partner at JWT London, said: "Kit Kat is a great prize - it's already among the top ten most-engaged brands on Facebook and we will be helping Nestlé achieve their ambition to turn this much-loved brand into a world-class operator digitally."
Kit Kat is the fourth-largest UK chocolate brand with estimated sales of £120 million in 2011, according to Mintel.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester